Philips TV numbering explained
Explanation of Philips TV model numbering.
For example, what does 40PFL8606H/12 tell us?
In general the number looks like this: ssXYZabcdN/xx, in which:
- ss = Screen size indicator in inch
- XYZ = Product category code:
- X: P = Philips, H = Hotel, M = Magnavox, D = Design
- Y: F = Flat, T = 4:3 CRT, W = 16: 9 CRT, L = LCoS RPTV (Rear Projection TV based on LCoS technology)
- Z: L = LCD (3e letter only after a F), P = Plasma
- abcd = Product model number range:
- a: Series indicator, e.g. 8 = 8000 series. The higher the number, the more features.
- b: The higher the number, the more features.
- c: If not 0, the number indicates a special store chain:
- 0 = Philips standard
- 5 = Mediamarkt/Saturn
- 7 = Rentepunten winkel
- 8 = Euronics (UK?)
- 9 = Expert
- d: Indicates the year of introduction, 3=2008, 4=2009, 5=2010, etc.
- N = Option/feature code:
- D = DVB-T (MPEG2) + analogue
- H = DVB-T/C (MPEG-4.HD AVC)
- C = DVB-T/C, design your own TV (choose your own color, stand, remote, etc.)
- M = DVB-T/C/S/S2 (MPEG4), MHP (Multimedia Home Platform), MHEG (system used in Italy)
- К = DVB-T/C/S/S2 (MPEG4) + support (Astra)
- T = DVB-T/T2/C (MPEG4), Freeview HD
- S = DVB-T (MPEG2)
- SB = DVB-T1 (MPEG4)
- /xx = Market region indicator:
- /02 DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), Turkey
- /03 Netherlands ?
- /05 UK & Ireland
- /08 Italy
- /10 Whole Europe
- /12 Continental Europe (excl. UK & Ireland)
- /14 Tsjechoslowakia
- /27 U.S.A., Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
- /F7/F7e/F7b U.S.A., Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Mexico
- /27/55/85 Central Аmеricа
- /27/55/77/78 Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
- /30/93/98 Southeast Asia
- /37 U.S.A., Canada
- /56/94 Pakistan, India
- /58 Eastern Europe
- /60 Russia, Eastern Europe (former USSR countries)
- /77 Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay
- /78 Brazil
- /79 China, Middle East, Thailand
- /93 India , Thailand , Vietnam , Korea, China
- /98 India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Taiwan, Philippines, Middle East, Africa
- /97 Australia, New Zealand
- /00 Universal
Note: this overview is based on information collected via Internet (various fora). Therefore it is not complete, and may contain errors.